A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information it contains and how they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of our website.
The information that we provide below, will help you understand the different types of cookies.
Types of Cookies
According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: are those that are used by the provider to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third party cookies: are those that are used and managed by a third party, that can not be considered own cookies.
Depending on the duration they remain activated:
- Session cookies: collect data while the user browses the website in order to provide the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: they are stored in the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the person responsible for the cookie in order to provide the requested service.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: they are necessary for the correct navigation through the website.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user personalised characteristics (e.g. language) for browsing the website.
- Analytical cookies: they allow the provider to analyze the user’s navigation, in order to track the use of the website, as well as to make statistics on the most visited contents, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the web, according to the content of the website itself.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the web page according to the information obtained through the user’s browsing habits.
According to the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002 of July 11, about Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), Piedart.com informs about the cookies used in our website:
Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this regard must be done by communicating directly with Google.
Google Analytics cookies are stored in servers located in the United States and Google agrees not to share them with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires to that effect. According to Google it does not store your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. You can consult detailed information in this regard through the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
If you wish, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on, through which instructions analytic cookies for this service can be rejected in all browsers. For more information https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Piedart.com informs the users that they have the possibility to configure their browser so that they are informed of the reception of cookies, being able, if they wish, to prevent them from being installed on their hard drive.
Below we provide the links of various browsers, through which you can make such configuration:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=es_ES&viewlocale=es_ES
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html